Total Pageviews

3/22/2012

lovesick


„Well, at least he inspires you“
that’s what they say
my dear dear friends
when I show them pages over pages
of sappy poems and unfulfilled dreams

you do – it’s true
But I’d gladly give up
this overwhelming surge of creativity
and be cured from this disease

not that I don’t love it
the writing, the need to
pick up a pen and
put it all down somewhere

It’s just that
I’d rather go back to sleeping at night
not worrying about what to wear every day
and having a normal heartbeat for once…

Because you do that, too.
Keeping me from all that.
Not intentionally, of course.
I know that, I don’t blame you.

Au contraire, I salute you-
I bow before you, grateful and humble
for being in love is a happy illness – at least for me.
So, thanks – for all the inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment