Total Pageviews

1/28/2012

cowboy romance

„Hi“ –
Oh, how I love that voice! The low gravelling English with the ever-present American accent. I can hear the implied smile and I remember your face, the corners of your lips turned upward, blue eyes sparkling, white teeth showing – Oh, how I love that smile!
My body is shaking inwardly as I try to form words – somehow, I lost my voice when I heard yours. I try to calm my raging pulse and take a deep breath, glad that you can’t see me blushing over the phone…
I had almost forgotten the effect you have on me, but it all comes rushing back now. Last summer, the cowboy boots and wrangler jeans, our road trip, singing along to country music on the radio, getting lost, laughing, flirting…
I feel goose bumps all over my skin and I smile. If only you knew! But you can’t see me; you’re half a world away, as usual. I tried to fight it, even tried to forget you but it was no use.
I let it happen now, giving in. Still smiling, still shaking, still tachycardic, I finally respond
“Hi stranger – how have you been?” and in my mind, I silently add
“Did you know you had me from hello?”

No comments:

Post a Comment